TEACHING THE BASICS OF THE SAFETY OF MEDICAL ACTIVITY AS A NECESSARY ELEMENT OF THE TRAINING OF HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Currently, World Health Organization considers the provision of unsafe medical care to be a global health problem. The inclusion of issues of ensuring the safety of medical activities in the training programs of doctors and nurses will allow graduates, based on their knowledge, to ensure the provision of safe services in healthcare, reduce the risks for medical organizations of financial and reputational losses, bringing to responsibility, including criminal. Further improvement of the regulatory framework in this area will optimize both the processes of improving patient safety and the educational process.
Keywords:safety of medical activity; healthcare organization and public health; safety of medical devices; safety of medicines; safety culture in a medical organization; training of medical workers; patient safety; educational standard
Funding. The study had no sponsor support.
Conflict of interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest.
For citation: Akulin I.M., Makhova O.A. Teaching the basics of the safety of medical activity as a necessary element of the training of health professionals. Meditsinskoe obrazovanie i professional’noe razvitie [Medical Education and Professional Development]. 2022; 13 (3): 68–75. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33029/2220-8453-2022-13-3-68-75 (in Russian)
1.Localio A.R., Lawthers A.G., Brennan T.A., Laird N.M., Hebert L.E., Peterson L.M., et al. Relation between malpractice claims and adverse events due to negligence – results of the Harvard Medical Practice Study III. N Engl J Med. 1991; 325 (4): 245–51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199107253250405
2.Slawomirski L., Auraaen A., Klazinga N. The economics of patient safety: strengthening a value-based approach to reducing patient harm at national level. In: OECD Health Working Papers No. 96. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2017. DO: https://doi.org/10.1787/5a9858cd-en
3.Global actions to ensure patient safety. Vsemirnaya organizatsiya zdravookhraneniya, 2019. URL: https://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA72/A72_R6-ru.pdf (date of access February 19, 2022) (in Russian)
4.Word Health Organization. URL: https://www.who.int/teams/integrated-health-services/patient-safety/about (date of access February 20, 2022)
5.Global actions to ensure patient safety. Vsemirnaya organizatsiya zdravookhraneniya, 2021. URL: https://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB148/B148_6-ru.pdf (date of access February 19, 2022) (in Russian)
6.Walton M., Woodward H., Van Staalduinen S., Lemer C., Greaves F., Noble D., et al.; Expert Group convened by the World Alliance of Patient Safety, as Expert Lead for the Sub-Programme. Republished paper: the WHO patient safety curriculum guide for medical schools. Postgrad Med J. 2011; 87 (1026): 317–21. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/pgmj.2009.036970rep PMID: 21459781.
7.Federal Law No. 323-FZ of November 21, 2011 «On the Basics of Public Health protection in the Russian Federation»: official text. URL: https://base.garant.ru/12191967/ (date of access February 20, 2022) (in Russian)
8.Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 785n dated July 31, 2020 «On Approval of Requirements for the organization and conduct of internal quality control and safety of medical activities»: official text. URL: https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/74610282/ (date of access February 19, 2022) (in Russian)
9.Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 203n dated May 10, 2017 «On approval of criteria for assessing the quality of medical care»: official text. URL: https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/71575880/ (date of access February 26, 2022) (in Russian)
10. Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1048 dated June 29, 2021 «On Approval of the Regulations on the Federal State Control (Supervision) of the quality and safety of medical activities»: official text. URL: https://base.garant.ru/401422536/#block_1000 (date of access February 26, 2022) (in Russian)
11. Order of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Russian Federation No. 768n dated November 7, 2017 «On approval of the professional standard «Specialist in the field of healthcare and public health organization»: official text. URL: https://base.garant.ru/71822794/ (date of access February 19, 2022) (in Russian)
12. Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia dated 23.07.2010 No. 541n (ed. dated 09.04.2018) «On approval of the Unified Qualification Directory of positions of managers, specialists and employees, section «Qualification characteristics of positions of employees in the field of healthcare»: official text. URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_104261 (date of access February 19, 2022) (in Russian)
13. Order of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation No. 97 dated February 02, 2022 «On approval of the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Education – training of highly qualified personnel for residency programs in the specialty 31.08.71 Healthcare Organization and public health»: official text. URL: https://base.garant.ru/70751064/ (date of access February 19, 2022) (in Russian)
14. Akulin I.M., Makhova O.A., Chesnokova E.A. Ensuring safety in the use of medical devices. Moscow: Direkt-Media, 2021: 280 p. ISBN 978-5-4499-2696-8.