PREDICTORS OF PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS OF SURGEONS AND THE ROLE OF SIMULATION TRAINING IN ITS FORMATION
The article presents an analytical review of theoretical and empirical studies that reveal the essence of predictors of professional success of surgeons. The role of simulation training in the formation of professional success is revealed.
Keywords:simulation training; surgery; doctors; success of professional activity; psychological state
Funding. The study had no sponsor support.
Conflict of interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest.
For citation: Logvinov Yu.I., Gorbunova E.A. Predictors of professional success
of surgeons and the role of simulation training in its formation. Meditsinskoe obrazovanie i professional’noe razvitie [Medical Education and Professional Development]. 2022; 13 (1): 16–29. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33029/2220-8453-2022-13-1-16-29 (in Russian)
1. Lipatov S.A. Employee involvement in the organization or passion for work: the relationship of concepts. Organizational psychology. [Organizational Psychology]. 2015; 5 (1): 104–10. (in Russian)
2. Tarasova T.V., Pogbaeva A.D. Analysis of the features of the relationship between passion and professional choice. Inzhenernye tekhnologii i sistemy [Engineering Technologies and Systems]. 2011; (2): 83–5. (in Russian)
3. Mandrikova E. Yu., Gorbunova A.A. The relationship between work passion, personal resources and employee satisfaction. Organizatsionnaya psikhologiya [Organizational Psychology]. 2012; 2 (4): 2–22. (in Russian)
4. Rikel’ A.M. Some aspects of the socio-psychological problems of success. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Moscow University]. 2012; (1). Series 14: 41–8. (in Russian)
5. Asmolov A.G. Personality psychology: cultural and historical understanding of human development. Moscow: Meaning. 2007: 523 p. (in Russian)
6. Levin K., Dembo T., Festinger L., Sirs R. Personality Psychology: The level of claims / Psychology of motivations and emotions. In: Yu.B. Gippenreyter, M.V. Falikmana (eds). Moscow: CheRo, 2002: 192 p. (in Russian)
7. Leont’ev A.N. Activity. Consciousness. Personality. Moscow: Politizdat, 1977: 304 p. (in Russian)
8. Petrovsky V.A. Personality in psychology: the paradigm of subjectivity. Rostov-on-Don: Feniks, 1996: 512 p. (in Russian)
9. Hoppe F. Untersuchungen zur Handlungs- und Affektpsychologie. IX. Erfolg und Mißerfolg. Psychol Forsch. 1930; 14.
10. Management and Organization Behavior Classics. In: V.T. Matteson, J.M. Ivancevich. Homewood: Irvin, 1989.
11. Libin A.V. Differential psychology: at the intersection of European, Russian and American traditions: Textbook. Moscow: Smysl, 1999: 532 p. (in Russian)
12. Taylor C.W. Cultirating multiple creative talents in students. JEG (Journal for the Education of the Gifted). 1985; 8: 187–98.
13. Bekhterev V.M. Objective psychology. Moscow: Nauka, 1991: 480 p. (in Russian)
14. Shteynbakh Kh.E. Psychology of creativity. Textbook. Saint Petersburg: PGUPS, 2011: 211 p. (in Russian)
15. Sel’e G. Stress without distress. Moscow: Progress, 1982: 124 p. Transl: Stress without Distress. In: Hans Sel’e. Philadelphia; New York, 1974. (in Russian)
16. Myasishchev V.N. Mental states and human relationships. Obozrenie psikhiatrii i meditsinskoy psikhologii imeni V.M. Bekhtereva [V.M. Bekhterev Review of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology]. 1996; (1): 8–14. (in Russian)
17. Nemov R.S. Psychology. Book 1. Vol. 1. 6th ed. Moscow: Vlados, 2020: 687 p. (in Russian)
18. Rubinshteyn S.L. Fundamentals of general psychology. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2002: 720 p. (in Russian)
19. Mandrikova E. Yu Passion for work: a review of modern foreign studies. Psikhologiya v vuze [Psychology at the University]. 2012; (6): 53–64. (in Russian)
20. Onuchkin A.N. The study of engagement. The Human Resources Times. 2013; (24): 29–35. (in Russian)
21. Lomov B.F. Categories of communication and activity in psychology. Voprosy filosofii [Problems of Philosophy]. 1979; (8): 34–47. (in Russian)
22. Kagan M.S. Human activity. Experience in system analysis. Moscow: Politizdat, 1974: 328 p. (in Russian)
23. Lomov B.F. Categories of communication and activity in psychology. methodological and theoretical problems of psychology. RAN, In-t psihologii. Moscow: Nauka, 1999: 350 p. (in Russian)
24. Zavalishina D.N. Psychological analysis of surgical intervention: Experimental and theoretical research. In: A.V. Brushlinsky (exec. ed.). Moscow: Nauka, 1985: 221 p. (in Russian)
25. Abul’khanova-Slavskaya K.A. Life strategy. Moscow: Mysl’, 1991: 299 p. (in Russian)
26. Druzhilov S.A. Efficiency of activity and individual resources of professional development. International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research. [International Journal of Applied and Basic Research]. 2014; (4): 161–4. URL: https://applied-research.ru/ru/article/view?id=5093 (date of access December 3, 2021) (in Russian)
27. Klimov A.E. Paths to professionalism. Moscow: Flinta, 2003: 320 p. (in Russian)
28. Klimov E.A, Paths to professionalism psychological view): a textbook for university students studying in the fields and specialties of psychology. Moscow: Flinta, 2003: 318 p. (in Russian)
29. Yudin S.S. Reflections of a surgeon. Moscow: Meditsina, 1968: 366 p. (in Russian)
30. Paice A.G., Aggarwal R., Darzi A. Safety in surgery: is selection the missing link? World J Surg. 2010; 150 (5): 236–41. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-010-0619-9
31. Maggiori L., Brouquet A., Zeitoun J.D., Roupret M., Lefevre J.-H. The future of gastrointestinal surgery in France: national survey of 929 medical students and results of professional choices after the 2008 national ranking exam. J Chir (Paris). 2009; 146 (2): 168–74. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchir.2009.05.002
32. Potts J.R. Core training in surgery: what does it need to include? Semin Vasc Surg. 2006; 19 (4): 210–3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1053/j.semvascsurg.2006.08.010
33. Ratner G.L. Tips for young surgeons. Moscow: Meditsina, 1991: 111 p. (in Russian)
34. Gurenkova T.N., Eliseeva I.N., Kuznetsova T. Yu, et al. Psychology of extreme situations: a textbook for students of higher educational institutions. In: Yu.S. Shoygu (ed.). Moscow: Smysl; Akademiya, 2009: 320 p. (in Russian)
35. Berezantsev A. Yu. Somatic and psychosomatic disorders: issues of systematics and syndromology (clinical and psychological aspects). Medical Psychology in Russia. [Medical Psychology in Russia]. 2011; 1 (6). (in Russian)
36. Kukushkin M.L. Psychogenic pain syndromes. Bol`. [Pain]. 2004; 1 (2): 2–6. (in Russian)
37. Kulakov S.A. Fundamentals of psychosomatics. Saint Petersburg: Rech’, 2003: 288 p. (in Russian)
38. Ragozinskaya V.G., Solov’eva S.L., Nikolaev V.I. Neurophysiological correlates of emotional emotional states of patients with psychosomatic disorders. Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskoy gosudarstvennoy meditsinskoy akademii imeni I.I. Mechnikova [Bulletin of the St Petersburg state medical Academy named after I.I. Mechnikov]. 2009; 2 (31): 202–5. (in Russian)
39. Smulevich A.B. Psychopathology of personality and comorbid disorders. Moscow: MEDpress-inform, 2009: 206 p. (in Russian)
40. Murray L., Creswell C., Cooper P. The development of anxiety disorders in childhood: an integrative review. Psychol Med. 2009; 39 (9): 1413–23.
41. Waller E., Scheidt C.E. Somatoform disorders as disorders of affect regulation: a developmental perspective. Int Rev Psychiatry. 2006; 18 (1): 13–24.
42. Kassirsky I.A. About healing. Problems and thoughts. Moscow: Meditsina, 1970: 44. (in Russian)
43. Prihozhan A.M. Causes, prevention and overcoming of anxiety. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie [Psychological Science and Education]. 1998; (2): 11–7. (in Russian)
44. Abramova G.S., Yudchits Yu.A. Psychology in medicine. Moscow: Kafedra-M, 1998: 272 p. (in Russian)
45. Quek T.T.C., Tam W.W.S., Tran B.X., Zhang M., Zhang Z., Ho C.S.H., et al. The global prevalence of anxiety among medical students: a meta-analysis. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019; 16 (15): 2735.
46. Vagner E.A. Thoughts about medical duty. Perm’: Perm Book Publishing House, 1991: 248 p. (in Russian)
47. Levina V.N. Personal qualities of a doctor in cooperation with a patient: Textbook. Izhevsk: IGMA, 2016: 60 p. (in Russian)
48. Glazyrin E.A., Talanova V.F., Nasonov A.A. Professional deformation of the surgeon’s personality. Bulletin of the Council of Young Scientists and Specialists of the Chelyabinsk region. [Bulletin of the Council of Young Scientists and Specialists of the Chelyabinsk Region]. 2016; 1 (12): 23–35. URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/professionalnaya-deformatsiya-lichnosti-vracha-hirurga (date of access December 5, 2021) (in Russian)
49. Fransella F., Bannister D. A new method of personality research. Moscow: Progress, 1987. (in Russian)
50. Khakker V. Engineering psychology and labor psychology: The psychological structure and regulation of various types of labor activity. Transl. from German. V.F. Venda, A.A. Krylov (eds). Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1985: 376 p. (in Russian)
51. Filioglo L.D. Sociology of professions and professional groups. Tol’yatti: TGU, 2014: 120 p. (in Russian)
52. Decree of the President of the Russian Federation «On the strategy for the development of healthcare in the Russian Federation for the period up to 2025» dated 06.06.2019 No. 254. The official Internet portal of legal information.-2019 (in Russian)
53. Shabunin A.V., Logvinov Yu.I. Simulation training. A guide. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2018: 792 p. (in Russian)
54. Cuesta M.A., Berends F., Veenhof A.A. The «invisible cholecystectomy»: a transumbilical laparoscopic operation without a scar. Surg Endosc. 2008; 22 (5): 1211–3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00464-007-9588-y Epub 2007 Oct 18. PMID: 17943370.
55. Tursini D., Marino N., Lisi G. Transumbilical laparoscopic-assisted appendectomy (TULAA): a safe and useful alternative for uncomplicated appendicitis. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2003; 12 (6): 383–6.
56. Levitov N.D. About the mental states of a person. Moscow: Prosveshchenie, 1964: 344 p. (in Russian)
57. Koretskaya I.A. Humanitarian aspects of Smart Education. From. Russia on the way to a Smart society. Moscow: IDO press, 2012. (in Russian)
58. Druzhilov S.A., Oleshchenko A.M. Mental states of a person in work: theoretical analysis of interrelations in the system «personality properties-states-processes». Psychological research. [Psychological Research]. 2014; 7 (34): 10. URL: http://psystudy.ru (date of access July 3, 2021) (in Russian)
59. Van Horn J.E., Taris T.W., Schaufeli W.B., Schreurs P.J.G. The structure of occupational well-being: a study among Dutch teachers. J Occup Organ Psychol. 2010; 77 (3): 365–75.
60. Bodrov V.A. Psychology of professional fitness: a textbook for universities. 2nd ed. Moscow: PER SE, 2017: 511 p. (in Russian)
61. Alkov R.A., Borowsky M.S. A questionnaire study of psychological background factors in US Naval aircraft accidents. Aviat Space Environ Med. 1980; 51 (3): 860–9.
62. Lazarus R.S. Cognitive and copying processes in emotion. In: Stress and Coping. New York: Columbia University Press, 1977: 144–57.
63. Orlov A.B. Psychology of personality and human essence: Paradigms, projections, practices: a textbook for students of psychological faculties of universities. Moscow: Akademiya, 2002: 272 p. (in Russian)
64. Freyd Z. Introduction to Psychoanalysis: lectures.Transl. from German G. Baryshnikova. Moscow: E, 2018: 480 p. (in Russian)
65. Luriya A.R. Lectures on general psychology. Saint Petersburg: Piter, 2004: 320 p. (in Russian)
66. Petrovsky A.V., Yaroshevsky M.G., Abramenkova V.V. Psychology: Dictionary. Moscow: Politizdat, 1990: 494 p. (in Russian)
67. Perlz F. Understanding anxiety in Gestalt therapy. The transformation of anxiety into excitement. General psychology. Texts. V.V. Petukhov V.V. (ed.). Moscow: Psihologiya; Genezis, 2002; 2 (book 1): 548–60. (in Russian)
68. Reykovsky Ya. Experimental psychology of emotions. Moscow: Progress, 1979: 392 p. (in Russian)
69. Sel’e G. Essays on the adaptation syndrome. Moscow, 1960. (in Russian)
70. Spielberger C.D. Theory and research on anxiety. In: Anxiety and Behavior. New York: Academic Press, 1966.
71. Cognitive psychology. In: V.N. Druzhinin, D.V. Ushakov (eds). Moscow: PER SE, 2002: 480 p. (in Russian)
72. Meshcheryakov B.G., Zinchenko V.P. A large psychological dictionary. Moscow; Saint Petersburg: AST; Praym-Evroznak, 2009: 811 p. (in Russian)
73. Logvinov Yu.I., Gorbunova E.A., Karpova E.V. Reduction of psychoemotional tension and the use of the author’s methodology of TOR. (Technique of optimal resocialization).Virtual’nye tekhnologii v meditsine [Virtual Technologies in Medicine]. 2020; (1): 33–5. [Electronic resource]. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46594/2687-0037_2020_1_33 (in Russian)