“Medical Education and Professional Development” – Medical Teachers’ Community Journal
Periodicity – 4 issues p.a.
Since 14.12.2015 the "Medical Education and Professional Development" journal is included into the List of the leading peer-reviewed journals and editions which are recommended by the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation for the publication of its results for competition of an academic degree of the candidate and doctor of science.
The Journal is addressed to all those involved in education of the students and medical practitioners. The Journal readership includes rectors and pro rectors managing medical and pharmaceutical Universities and institutions of further education, teachers and specialists of academic departments and innovation divisions, deans and vice deans of the faculties, deans of the Faculties of Medicine of Conventional Universities, principals of vocational schools, professional development experts and staff assistant officers working for regional and municipal health authorities, medical directors, medical directors’ deputies, students, postgraduate students.
The Journal serves to consolidate medical teachers: it addresses the issues of practical teaching at the medical and pharmaceutical Universities and colleges, tracing the most progressive trends emerging in the fields of training modes and proficiency assessment to develop effective teaching and learning. The Journal will reflect the best of the Russian and world experiences through publication of the Russian and foreign authors’ articles. The Journal is expected to publish the translations of some most valuable articles from the foreign journals and books on the medical education, and in particular such journals like Medical Education, Medical Teacher etc.
It is supposed to pay special attention to the following issues of the medical education:
- information and communication technologies in education, e-learning, and remote training;
- evidence based medicine, training to rationally use medications and other medical involvement;
- permanent professional improvement and on-site training;
- use of modern full body simulators, partial task simulators, virtual reality simulators and modern computer programmes;
- modern medical education guides and other teaching materials applied in medical education;
- medical e-libraries, educational information systems and systems of clinical decision support;
- teach-in on the public health, medical informatics, economics, healthcare management and other “new” subjects.
Journal “Medical Education and Professional Development” is a publishing body of Association of Medical Societies for Quality of Medical Care and Medical Education – professional public organization specialized on the issues of medical care and medical education quality. The Journal is published with the support of the Rectors’ Board of Medical and Pharmaceutical Universities of Russia.
Journal circulation is 2000 copies.
Subscription index 89018 (In catalog of agency "Press of Russia").